You might be surprised, but cloud computing was introduced way back in 1999, at a time when everyone and their mother was worried about Y2K. Back then it was called “application service provider” or ASP for short. The world, as you might have surmised, wasn’t quite ready for “the cloud” back then. But today, with all our smartphones, smartwatches, and even smart homes, we are ready for the cloud.
So how does the cloud help dental practices?
- Accessibility: Your dental practice is virtually accessible to you any day of the week, anywhere in the world.
- Speed: With a cloud-based solution, you no longer have to wait for outdated hardware to boot up. Access important files instantaneously with a high-speed internet connection.
- Security: HIPAA-compliant, cloud-based platforms offer a level of protection that cannot be matched by any server-based software.
- Affordability: Cloud-based solutions typically have less upfront costs than a server-based platform and often rely on a monthly licensing fee. Also, there is no need to worry about update or maintenance fees—the cloud is always running!
- Technology: Speaking of maintenance, the cloud is always running on the most up-to-date version. So there’s no need to wait for updates to ensure your data is kept safe.
Learn more about how Oryx Dental Software can help your dental practice by requesting your free demo.